Due to COVID-19, we strongly advise you to use the online application facility to apply for help from the Trust. This will enable us to process your application in a timely manner. The Trust cannot be held responsible for paper applications that do not reach us in the post. This includes applications sent via recorded delivery post.
BEFORE COMPLETING EITHER THE ONLINE OR OFFLINE APPLICATION FORMS, PLEASE READ THE NOTES BELOW CAREFULLY.
Important: The online and offline application forms CANNOT be used to apply for grants for bankruptcy fees. Please email Contact@sttf.org.uk to request a Bankruptcy form.
THE TRUST CAN HELP YOU WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Severn Trent Trust Fund can consider making a grant to meet water and/or sewerage charges due to Severn Trent Water if you are in hardship and unable to pay
- The Trust can also help with water or sewerage charges which are collected by other companies or organisations on behalf of Severn Trent Water
- In certain cases, the Trust can also consider giving some help to meet other essential bills, household needs or priority debts
THE TRUST CANNOT HELP YOU WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Court fines, catalogue debts, credit cards, personal loans or other forms of borrowing
- Social Fund loans/benefit overpayments/Tax Credit overpayments now being reclaimed.
- The Trust cannot give you a loan or give help with bills you have already paid or items that you have already bought.
FILLING IN THE FORM
- Please answer all the questions in the application forms.
- When filling in an application form, it is very important that you give us as much information as possible about your circumstances, including (if applicable) dates of unemployment, illness etc.
- Information given will be kept confidential and will only be used by Severn Trent Trust Fund.
- If you have any difficulties in completing one of the forms, please go to your nearest Money Advice Centre or Citizens Advice Bureau for help.
WHEN WE RECEIVE YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- You will be given a six-digit reference number when you apply to the Trust. Please quote your reference number should you need to contact us. It can take up to 4 weeks for the Trust to process your application.
- If we are able to help you with your water/sewerage charges, a payment will be made directly to your supplier. We will write to you to inform you of this payment.
- If we are able to help you with other bills or household needs a payment will be made directly to your supplier or our designated retailer. We will inform you in writing.
- If we are unable to help you with either kind of payment, we will inform you of the decision in writing.
APPLYING TO THE TRUST FUND AGAIN
- The Trust will not normally consider more than one application from the same person. One of the Trust’s aims is to help people out of immediate financial difficulties and wherever possible through debt counselling/money advice to encourage and help financial stability in the future.
- If after a period of two years since being given a grant, your financial situation has deteriorated further, you may make another application to the Trust.
- If the Trust is not able to give you a grant, you may apply again after twelve months.
Please note that the decision of the Trustees on your application is final.